Review: Orange Print Blouse

I saw this adorable blouse on an episode of Girls and stumbled upon it on Aliexpress a day or so later. At first, I thought it had to be the exact same one, because Hannah's a poor New Yorker who probably would appreciate some online bargains. It's actually not. The one she wears is this crazy expensive J-Crew one.


I love finding the original item that an aliexpress one is based on. It's so interesting how close they get sometimes and how the prices are vastly different. The one I bought was about $15, free shipping. The tags says it's from Asos, which it definitely isn't. 

As you can see in the photo above, the J-Crew version is a very crisp white. The one I received was pretty good, but it was slightly yellower and a lighter, more see through fabric. Here are some photos I took of mine to sell it on Trademe:




It's a very pretty shirt, and for $15, it's great. Why did I sell it then? Well, I didn't want to, but it didn't fit me AT ALL.

I got a Large, which the tag says should be a UK10. It's about a UK6-8 in actuality. That is the smallest Large in the world! I wasn't happy with that at all. I usually buy Large from Asian online stores and they tend to be a little snugger than they should be for a flippin' Large, but this was crazy! The Small would have to be a UK4! Does that even exist?!

If you are a UK8 or under, I do recommend this shirt, because it's very pretty and cheap. Plus, it has Lena Dunham's seal of approval and I love her. Cover anything in fruit and I'm in.

Ratings
Product Quality: 4/5
Accuracy of Description: 2/5
Similarity to Original: 3/5

Contributor: Kate, @Springerfield

0 comments :

Thank you for reading! What do you think?